Suggestion - VS Bot Match / Private Match Lobbies

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
Jump to specified page
The Landlord
Post time 2018-3-22 08:43:58 | Show the author posts only Reply Awards |Descending |Read mode
I'd like to suggest that a single player vs bot / private matchs be implemented. Here are my reasons:

1. No-pressure practice
Surely we all know that jumping right into the PvP action is the best practice. However, the rank system in RoS is kinda... forgiving, shall I say. We keep ranking up regardless of whether or not we kill enemies; surviving up to the top 20 yields some rank points. This makes rank progression quite quick, and players (I have to admit, that I'm referring to myself as well) who aren't experienced in Battle Royale games and the BVR (Beyond Visual Range) battles lose a match without knowing what hit them. This makes learning quite difficult since the topic of BVR isn't discussed often in this forum, and the first-hand experience isn't full as well. How can we learn BVR battles when we don't even have any idea what hit us? (I have not found any guide on BVR battles, so if anyone mind enlightening me, go ahead.) This also implies that among the Platinum V players, there are also players who are actually in the skill tier of Gold V or perhaps lower, who got into top 20 / 10, for example, and rose in ranks by hiding alone. Practice mode VS bots / friends in private matches allows inexperienced players to improve little by little without having their ranks raised just because they're good merely at hiding.

2. Diving right into action might be too much for some newbies
For some newbies, especially the ones new to the Battle Royale genre, being plunged right into action where 120 players grind each other to powder might be... too much. It might be a good idea if there was some kind of transition between the tutorial and the real matches. I thought that VS Bot matches would be pretty good to give newbies a feel of the game. (Yes, I've had problems inviting my friends over to the Battle Royale games, including RoS, since they feel 120-player-free-for-all games are too.. hardcore for them).

3. Casual private matches with friends
This point says it all. While this may be rather subjective, wouldn't it be fun if we could gather some friends (or better, a whole clan, for example) for some casual free-for-all matches? I mean, yeah, a lobby with a list of 120 players would be ridiculous, but perhaps, say a whole clan consists of 15 players, the rest can still be bots right? Pretty good for practicing too, I guess.

While these 3 are my reasons, I know many people may have different reasons, or perhaps contradicting opinions. I'll be glad to hear what you guys think. Regardless, this is my suggestion so that RoS can become better in the future.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Sofa
Post time 2018-3-22 09:47:13 | Show the author posts only
Yes! I'm for it, especially for the 3. Casual matches with friend would be really good
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.8 Platinum Member

Credits
The Bench
Post time 2018-3-22 13:21:10 | Show the author posts only
  • About BVO thingy, there are some guides in Survival Guide subforum, like this one
  • About match against bot, current bot is kinda,,well,,passive xD, so first of all they have to implement a new bot that will able "fight", which is took times to do, I prefer some easier stuff like for a new account they have to play some normal match before they can do ranked, so they will at least know the basic.
  • Whats wrong with hiding xD, its one of many strateegy to survive, everyone can do whatever they want in order to survive (cheating the game is a no!), everyone have their own strategy so let them do whatever they think fit they playstyle.
  • I'd love to play some casual game with friends and others, but sadly only RoS staff can create custom lobby.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Lv.2 Fresh Member

Credits
The Floor
Post time 2020-9-5 01:42:41 | Show the author posts only

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits